Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Tips to recreate delectable food from party leftovers

We are always throwing party every now and then. Weekends or weekdays, every day is a fun filled event. We get a chance to meet our friends, revive our relationships and gorge on some lip-smacking dishes. But there are so many times that we often are left with some party scraps and leftovers; especially food.

I am one of those who doesn’t like to waste food and I would rather save the stuff to hog on the other day. This time, at one of my parties recently, I had lots of leftovers behind. Not only just pizzas and chips, but Tandoori chicken and fried fish too. I was not letting go of it at any cost.

So I decided to recreate my boring leftovers into something new infusing my taste and kitchen essentials. Take a look of how I refashioned my food into new delicious items:

•    Chicken sandwich: Sandwiches are easy and tummy filling. This sandwich was absolutely a hit I had it. I sautéed my leftover tandoori chicken in some olive oil, added lots of herbs and seasonings. Concurrently, I cheese toasted my wheat bread and spread the teriyaki sauce on the base. I took the chicken and diced them into multiple pieces and placed them in the whole wheat bread. If you want, you could also put some chipotle sauce in the sandwich for more creamy palate.

Teriyaki Sauce Veeba

•    Salads: Salads are often akin to the health conscious people. Prepare a basic salad consisting of fresh veggies – lettuce, capsicum, tomatoes and onions. But make it more exciting and delightful by putting in chunks of fish and chicken breasts, sprinkled in oregano and chilli flakes. Put in the chips to give a more crunchy taste. Don’t forget to top it up with the vinaigrette dressing for a scrumptious tang.

Make an extra effort and enjoy your leftovers as never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment